I'm still here! December 28 came and December 28 went. I didn't go to London for New Year's as planned. I threw myself a pity party for a full day (and for a little bit the day after that) and then realized that it's okay! Big deal things aren't going the way I planned. You know why? Because my God's with me here in my parents' home in Michigan as much as He is at the YWAM base in Wollongong. He's still teaching me, singing over me, disciplining me, loving me as much here as He would there.Our relationship isn't on hold because I'm not where I thought I would be by now. Don't get me wrong. Yes, I have days where I wonder if maybe I should have asked God if He meant January 2013....or maybe I misheard all together. Maybe my visa application slipped behind a government worker's desk, never to be heard from again until Immigration moves to another location and a janitor finds it as they move out the furniture.
Yup, these thoughts come. But they are like vapors, passing just as quickly as they arrive. It helps that God is flooding me with confirmation through support. Do not ask me where all this money comes from. But it comes--from friends, anonymous givers, children, everywhere!
I have no idea when I'll be in Australia. But clearly the Lord wants me here. And it is my pleasure and honor to seek out the why. A verse that has been on my mind A LOT lately is Proverbs 25:2--
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the king's privilege to discover them."
I am on a lifelong treasure hunt and in this time there are things for me to discover, to learn, to examine, and to puzzle over. These moments of waiting may be the most incredible experience I have with God so far. I'm excited to see!
Praying for you, loving you, thinking of you, missing you, my sweet girl! Let's Skype soon.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Check out all the green on the thermometer! (or should I say fundometer?) Praise God!
ReplyDeleteIs there any way to check the status of your visa? I'd be freaking out, but it's great to see your calm attitude, even taking time to enjoy Tim Horton's coffee.
Hey... Amanda let me sample that tea you got her--wow! It's yummy. Perhaps you & I could get together for tea time soon. I gotta take advantage of this delayed visa to be further inspired by you!
Isn't that tea amazing? It's so good...haha. I'd love to get together with you, Cyndi! Shoot me an e-mail and let me know a time that works for you! Thanks for the awesome encouragement, all the time!
ReplyDelete