Tuesday, December 13, 2011

...every teardrop is a waterfall...

The goal date of departure is coming....two weeks and a day.
No visa.
Only 50% of funds.
Unforeseen expenses.
Overwhelming love.

I've been really blessed this season by some incredible women who have rallied around me with awesome friendship, love and support. This season has been saturated with incredible encouragement! I love it and I feel very spoiled.

Yesterday, I met with two of these women. Together we've been going through a study about friendship and yesterday's theme was about the love of God and how it affects our relationships.

Now, before I go on, you have to understand that the past couple of weeks have been overflowing with a call from Christ to come and rest. To come and be loved. To come and be assured. I'm learning that to be in the center of God's love, is to be in the place that freedom dwells.

I won't find freedom in the things I do for God, or in the people I love, or in the places I go. Because if these things were to disappear, would my joy or my salvation? Or the transformation I've experienced start to crumble? Of course not!

But if Christ were to disappear, it would.

Now this revelation didn't just come to me. I've been wrestling a lot this month. A lot. There's a little bit of struggle associated with laying yourself down. Go figure. I'll admit, I thought it would be easy. Hahaha...oh dear.
I'm still struggling and wriggling, and yes, freaking out. But less than yesterday.

 So here we are, three women, discussing the crazy love of God and it starts. That bubble called "Overwhelmed" that's been growing all week begins to expand. It starts in my belly and rises, through my chest and my throat. I'm certain it's going to explode. And then they come.
The tears.
SIGH.
And they flow.............................and even though I feel kind of stupid for crying in public, it feels wonderful! Because the love of God can't be contained! I can fight it. I can keep it at arm's length. But my fear won't break it. My unbelief won't stop it. My human understanding can't limit it. It's real.

And this is the point.
Because God's really spoiled me. I have a crazy life. I have incredible people surrounding me. I have an amazing calling. But without His love--without Him--there would be no point. My passions and relationships are real and vibrant, but they are because of Him. Sweet, sweet freedom and joy!






2 comments:

  1. Your passion is contagious! Thank you for sharing. Your church family is blessed to be a part of your life because you draw us back to Jesus, the initiator of all we can experience. He is, indeed, all we need. (I still need to plaque that verse!)
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from Paige...
    I am learning to die to self daily. I am praying that God will provide your visa and i know He will. Continue to be comforted by the Holy Spirit because he is your comforter as it says in 2Thessalonians 2:16-17 God comfort your heart and strength and encourage it with every good word and work.
    Keep seeking Jesus and He will continue to guide you.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete