Sunday, September 11, 2011

If someone told me the day I received my diploma where I would be in three years time I'm not sure what my reaction would have been--probably somewhere between "Huh..." and a semi-major freakout. :) It's amazing where God will take us if we will just say "Okay."

I can't explain the excitement I felt when God put YWAM Wollongong on my heart! Now that I am back home, I am convinced that my decision to return on staff is the right one for this next season of my life. I realized that it wouldn't matter where this group of people were bringing the Kingdom--I would want to partner with them--yes, even if it meant staying here in Adrian. In our DTS debrief week, the director of the base challenged us in this. He said that a call often has less to do with the location and more to do with the group you are choosing to partner with. That really stuck with me. I absolutely love Australia and its people but after all, what does a location really matter if you're not surrounded by a group brought together by a common vision? God never intended us to live life and do ministry solo.

I wasn't sure what God had in mind for me when He told me that I needed to go home until January. I asked Him to let me go in July--but no. January. That was clear. So I went back home. THANK THE LORD!!!! There are a lot of things that I have to learn in this season and He has been faithful in teaching me about what it means to follow Him in the daily. I am beginning to understand what it means to take up my cross and follow Him--to die to myself.

One of the amazing things about YWAM is that you are able to live in basically 24/7 community. This results in AMAZING things. But a downside to it is that it can become easy to feed off of other people's passions. 10 months at home is giving me the opportunity to make sure that the flame in my own heart is stoked and burning well. Jesus is so so good because He is in this relationship for the long-haul. He is faithful and just. He loves us so well! :) I am so excited to return to my Australian family, but I am also really happy to be here at home for 4 more months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment